A beautiful brunch recipe - bacon and cheese pots
Sick of cereal? Tired of toast? Our bacon and cheese pots are the perfect antidote to breakfast blahs.
These little pots of goodness are halfway between a muffin and a frittata so are light yet satisfying.
Bake in pretty ramekins to impress your friends and family over brunch, or serve with a salad for a light and tasty lunch.
You could also cook up a batch on the weekend for a healthy and delicious start to your working week – they’ll keep refrigerated for up to two days.
Bacon and cheese pots
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
- 1 cup self rising flour
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 rasher bacon, chopped
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 170C / 340F. Lightly grease four ramekins.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the oil in another bowl with eggs and milk and whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour and when just smooth fold through the bacon, cheese and herbs. Spoon into the ramekins and place cherry tomatoes on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and serve warm or at room temperature.