A beautiful brunch recipe - bacon and cheese pots•
Posted on August 19 2019
Sick of cereal? Tired of toast? Our bacon and cheese pots are the perfect antidote to breakfast blahs.
These little pots of goodness are halfway between a muffin and a frittata so are light yet satisfying.
Bake in pretty ramekins to impress your friends and family over brunch, or serve with a salad for a light and tasty lunch.
You could also cook up a batch on the weekend for a healthy and delicious start to your working week – they’ll keep refrigerated for up to two days.
Bacon and cheese pots
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
- 1 cup self rising flour
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 rasher bacon, chopped
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 170C / 340F. Lightly grease four ramekins.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the oil in another bowl with eggs and milk and whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour and when just smooth fold through the bacon, cheese and herbs. Spoon into the ramekins and place cherry tomatoes on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and serve warm or at room temperature.
Storage solutions y...
Over the past few months we've introduced a few new additions to our storage range that your home will love - whatever your style.Read More
Valentine's Day swe...
Looking to treat a loved one (or yourself!) this Valentines Day? A quick and easy dessert board is just the ticket. Whether you make a dessert boa...Read More
Marcy's petite appl...
One of our favorite insta-crushes, the divine Marcy over at @communitykitchenatl recently posted this stunning petite apple & blueberry cobbler...Read More