A delicious and decadent cookie recipe
The very talented Marcy Braselton of Community Kitchen recently posted her recipe for Spiced Hot Cocoa Cookies, and aside from looking OMG amazing we were thrilled to see that she used her Liddy Lifestyle utensils to create them!
Read on to see Marcy’s recipe for these ultra tempting, ultra delicious cookies.
Spiced Hot Cocoa Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- dash of salt
- 1/2 C semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C extra dark (63% cacao) chips
- 3/4 C cultured butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 T vanilla bean paste
- 1 C marshmallows, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, cayenne and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the butter and brown sugar and beat on medium speed for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla bean paste and beat for 2 -3 minutes until creamy. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add the melted chocolate. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Remove from the standing mixer. Add the chopped marshmallows and fold into the dough by hand.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place cookie dough balls about two inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks *These are SO good warm!*
Serves 18 cookies