The ONLY cake recipe you need this fall!•
Posted on October 17 2019
Celebrate the change of seasons with our cinnamon spice cake - incredibly moist, the cinnamon kick is perfect for fall, while the maple glazed apples transform this simple cake into a mouthwatering delight.
Trust us – this is going to be your new favorite recipe for Autumn!
Cinnamon spice cake with maple glazed apples
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
125g / 4.4oz / 1 stick unsalted butter, softened, chopped
¾ cup superfine sugar
2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
¾ cup milk
½ cup maple syrup
1 Pink Lady (or similar) apple, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180C / 360F.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. With the mixer running, add eggs one at a time until fully combined.
- Remove bowl from mixer and using a large spoon or spatula fold through combined flour and cinnamon, alternating with milk. Spoon mixture into a 9" round non-stick silicone cake pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer. Remove from oven, allow to cool for a couple of minutes in pan then transfer to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile make maple glazed apples. Place maple syrup in a non-stick pan with ¼ cup water over medium heat. When simmering, add apple slices. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until apple slices are soft and caramelized.
- Serve cake warm decorated with maple glazed apples and any remaining syrup...and enjoy!
Storage solutions y...
Over the past few months we've introduced a few new additions to our storage range that your home will love - whatever your style.Read More
Valentine's Day swe...
Looking to treat a loved one (or yourself!) this Valentines Day? A quick and easy dessert board is just the ticket. Whether you make a dessert boa...Read More
Marcy's petite appl...
One of our favorite insta-crushes, the divine Marcy over at @communitykitchenatl recently posted this stunning petite apple & blueberry cobbler...Read More